I'm curious about the meaning of the Boundary Element Rebar value in the Special Shear Wall Design Results calculation.
The boundary element commentary for the special shear wall design result sheet in the question is shown below.
Example : 4-2-D13@90(Length = 0.77m)
• 4 : Number of boundary element horizontal bars distributed in the wall thickness direction.(3EA)
• 2 : Number of boundary element horizontal bars distributed along the length of the wall.(2EA)
• D13 : Boundary Element Diameter
• @90 : Vertical Spacing of Boundary Element Horizontal Reinforcement (SPACE)
• Length = 0.77m : Special Boundary Element Reinforcement Length in the Wall Length Direction
"The following is a typical special shear wall reinforcement type."
<The document below is a calculation sheet based on the diameters and vertical spacing of boundary elements entered in the user Design Criteria for Rebar.>
Design Criteria for Rebar(User Input)
When the detailed calculation results mentioned above are schematically represented, it appears as follows: