I am curious about how to reinstall CIVIL after deleting it.
If essential modules required for running the program are missing or damaged during the previous installation of CIVIL, all program-related data and logs must be deleted before reinstalling. Alternatively, to install a new version, you need to remove all previous versions of the program.
Additionally, during the installation process, the necessary modules for program operation or execution may be missing or damaged due to security issues on the user's PC. To prevent this, it is recommended to disable antivirus software and firewall before installation and proceed with Windows updates. Windows update is a good way to fix system errors, including computer security issues. Although it is difficult to determine if specific errors that occur during Windows updates are directly related, it has a positive effect on resolving overall security issues and error states in the system.
Lastly, it is recommended to close and delete all other applications, including Microsoft Office that are linked to MIDAS program before reinstalling. Running the application can interfere with the MIDAS program installation process, so it is better to close all applications before proceeding.
1. Uninstallation of CIVIL
Existing CIVIL must be cleanly deleted so that errors do not occur during module installation when reinstalling.
Uninstall the CIVIL program in the Control Panel
1) Type "Control Panel" in the taskbar search box and run it.
2) Run the screen to remove programs and delete CIVIL.
Uninstall the CIVIL folder in the C drive
1) Type "File Explorer" in the taskbar search box and run it.
2) Move to the CIVIL path (C:\Program Files\MIDAS) and delete the CIVIL folder.
Uninstall registry in the registry editor
1) Type "Registry Editor" in the taskbar search box and run it.
2) Delete all registry folders related to CIVIL in the 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MIDAS' path.
Registry folder to be deleted (related to CIVIL)
[CVLw], [CVLw_US], [midasGSD]
2. Installation of CIVIL
Cleanly remove the previously installed CIVIL and reinstall it.
Disable antivirus and firewall
During the installation process, there may be a phenomenon in which modules that are essential for program operation or execution are missing or damaged due to security reasons on the user's PC.
1) Refer to the FAQ
[Execution] Exception handling method for detecting and inspecting MIDAS program in security program. and temporarily disable security programs within the company or school campus.
2) Enter "Reputation-based protection" in the Taskbar Searchbox and execute it, and then check off "Check apps and files" and "SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge".
Run the installation file that installs the program and install CIVIL.
1) Use the CIVIL installation file link on the Midas User Homepage to download the CIVIL installation file.
2) Right-click the downloaded compressed folder and execute it with "Windows Explorer," and then proceed with decompression.
3) Right-click the Setup file in the decompressed folder and click "Run as administrator."
4) Most of the processes that appear during the installation of CIVIL are the process of installing programs that are essential for the operation of CIVIL, and they must be completed without exception to use them.
5) Run the installed CIVIL to check if it can be executed.
Even if you install the program using a different method or process than the one we provided, it may not cause any problems when using it. However, various errors can occur at any time if the program is executed in an environment where the operating conditions are not fully established. In such cases, there may be an inconvenience in having to repeat the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the program. We hope that you will follow the above procedure when you first install it without any inconvenience.