I'm curious about the process of uninstalling and reinstalling GTS NX.
If essential modules required for running GTS NX are missing or corrupted during the initial installation, it may be necessary to uninstall the program, delete all related data and logs, and reinstall it. Similarly, when installing a new version, it is necessary to remove all previous versions of the program.
During the installation process, essential modules necessary for program operation or execution may be missing or corrupted due to security issues on the user's PC. To prevent this, it is recommended to disable antivirus and firewall software before installation, and perform Windows updates. Windows updates are a good way to address system errors, including security issues on your computer. Although it may be difficult to determine a direct correlation between specific errors occurring during Windows updates and the program, they can have a positive impact on overall security and error resolution.
Lastly, it is recommended to close and uninstall other applications, including Microsoft Office, that are integrated with MIDAS programs. Running other applications can interfere with the installation process of MIDAS programs, so it is best to close them all before proceeding with the installation.
1. Delete GTS NX
For a clean reinstallation, it is important to completely uninstall the existing GTS NX installation. This ensures that there are no remnants or conflicts that may cause errors during the module installation process.
Uninstalling GTS NX from Control Panel:
1) Type "Control Panel" in the taskbar search box and open it.
2) Launch the program removal screen and uninstall GTS NX.
Deleting the GTS NX folder from the C drive:
1) Type "File Explorer" in the taskbar search box and open it.
2) Navigate to the GTS NX directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\MIDAS) and delete the GTS NX folder.
Deleting registry entries using Registry Editor:
1) Type "Registry Editor" in the taskbar search box and open it.
2) Delete all GTS NX-related registry folders located at 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MIDAS'.
Registry folders to be deleted (related to GTS NX)
[GTS NX], [GTS NX (Protection)], [GFNX]
If, even after taking these steps, the program is still visible in the Control Panel or cannot be deleted normally, you can use a forced uninstallation program to remove it.
2. Install GTS NX
uninstall the existing GTS NX and then reinstall it
Disable antivirus and firewall:
During the installation process, essential modules required for program operation or execution may be missing or corrupted due to security reasons on the user's PC.
1) Refer to FAQ [Execution] Exception handling method for detecting and inspecting MIDAS program in security program. , Temporarily disable any internal or campus security programs.
2) Enter "App & browser control" in the taskbar search field and open it. Then, disable "Check apps and files" and "SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge."
Install GTS NX
Run the installation file to install GTS NX program.
1) By using GTS NX Install file link, Download GTS NX Install file.
2) Right-click on the downloaded compressed folder and choose "Open with Windows Explorer" to run it, then proceed with extracting the files.
3) Right-click on the Setup file inside the extracted folder and select "Run as administrator".
4) Most of the steps during the GTS NX installation are necessary for installing essential programs required for GTS NX to run. Make sure to complete all steps without any exceptions.
5) Launch the installed GTS NX program to verify if it runs properly.
During the program installation, it is possible that using alternative methods or following different steps than the ones provided above may not cause any issues for usage. However, running the program without a properly configured environment may lead to various errors at any time. In such cases, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the program, which can be a cumbersome process. Therefore, we recommend following the initial installation steps mentioned above to avoid any inconvenience.